Monday, July 28, 2008

I won't try to catch up, but here is an update...

Tuesday night/Wednesday morning turned into an exciting time!

After I had my ultrasound and non stress test Tuesday morning, Dr Combs said my blood pressure was up a bit for the second week in a row, so to think seriously about being induced Thursday morning. I went and got some lunch, and spent the afternoon working on making up my mind and got a massage to help my shoulders and back which were all cramped up. We all had dinner, pretty much decided to go ahead with the induction, and I tried to go to bed about 9:30. I had been having cramping since my exam, so it was difficult getting comfortable. I started feeling contractions about 11:10, got out of bed to sit in the recliner, then moved to the office and started timing them about 11:40 and realized they were only about 3.5 minutes apart. Paul got awakened at that point and started making all the necessary phone calls to get someone to care for Brigit and our doula enroute from Santa Fe. I got in the shower and had a few more challenging, but not horrible contractions. Paul called labor and delivery to alert them while I had about 3 more contractions on top of each other trying to get clothes on in the bedroom. At this point I was telling Paul I couldn't do this, because all the "medical personnel" contacted kept insisting that there was at least an hour of time available and to just take it easy and those contractions were starting to get painful. That was about 12:10 am...

I made it out to the living room, checking that our doula and child care were enroute had one excruciating contraction while on the phone with the doula, when she said get to the hospital now. The next contraction was seconds later, had a LOT of pressure and out came Adrianna Renee to the living room floor. She was quickly scooped up and wrapped in a towel as Daddy called 911 to get some HELP! the ambulance arrived within just a few minutes (nice thing about small towns...) and scooped us up and delivered us to the hospital. Everyone was pronounced healthy (Though Daddy wouldn't let anyone check his blood pressure for some reason.... :) and we are now home resting up.

Dr Combs came in to check everything and said that if I really hadn't wanted to be induced I just had to say so ;)

No comments: